Sunday 14 July 2013

St Louis' House of Fine Ice Cream & Dessert

Hi everyone!

On a gorgeous, sunny afternoon, some friends and I decided to visit St Louis with the intention of trying out their churros and ice cream. It's situated on the east end of Gouger Street, close to Victoria's Square. 



St Louis offers outdoor as well as indoor seating. We took advantage of the lovely, sunny weather and chose to sit outside. 


The simple colours of in the interior gave the place a very sleek and polished look. I also like the look of the shelf up high with all the wine glasses, teacups and books etc. because it adds interest to the decor.

Baked goods on the counter




Doesn't that look delicious!

Churros for two with milk and dark chocolate ~$14 (from memory)

I'm disappointed to report that these are definitely not the best churros in Adelaide. It seems like nothing I've had so far can beat the churros from ChurrOz! They were very large but not fluffy on the inside, making them a bit difficult to eat because they were so doughy. They tasted extra rich dipped in chocolate, so we got sick of it eventually. 

One scoop of chocolate mint in a cone $5

My sister had this and she loved it!

One scoop of salted caramel in a sundae cup $4.20

I'm a salted caramel fiend so I couldn't say no when I saw this! However it tasted like plain caramel so I was a little disappointed. Nonetheless, it was very rich, creamy and smooth. 

One scoop of cookies and cream in a sundae cup $4.20

Two of my friends had this and they really enjoyed it!

I wish I could say that I love this place, but I can't... yet. I think I might have to return and try some of their desserts and drinks. So far, I definitely love the ice-cream and would recommend that, but I wouldn't order the churros again. The service was a little slow I think, considering the four of us had had to wait around 25-30 minutes for the serve of churros and 4 scoops of ice-cream, but the staff were super friendly! 
Overall, 8/10.

Vy
xo

St Louis House of Fine Ice Cream & Dessert on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment