Saturday 20 December 2014

Sean's Kitchen [3]

I caught up with 3 of my good friends (Australia's future doctors ;) ) over lunch at a favourite of mine, Sean's Kitchen. I have been raving about Sean's since my first visit so my friends were very keen to try it out! On my previous visits, I didn't need to make a booking so we decided to meet there at 1:30. Good thing we were all a bit early because it absolutely packed and we were seated at the last free table. You wouldn't think a restaurant as large as Sean's could be that busy for a midweek lunch session, but it was! We decided to each order a dish and share some sides.

 Mac & Cheese $8

I insisted on ordering this because it was amazing last time I had it! I must admit, it tasted better the first time round, but this was still delicious. Creamy and cheesy; the king of comfort food!

 Duck fat chips - 'The Original' $10

The same as last time - delicious while hot but unpleasant once it had cooled down. The spiced tomato ketchup was delicious and the perfect accompaniment to the chips.

 Soft Shell Crab Sandwich $16
Green goddess dressing

Julie L's meal looked so cute! The soft shell crab was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, paired with the green goddess dressing that added freshness to the sandwiches. 

 Sean's Caesar $18

Julie H really enjoyed her caesar but she said it wasn't the best she's ever had. The caesar was sufficiently 'cheesy' (as you can probably tell) but she felt like it needed croutons for the extra crunch. There was a bread crumb sprinkled over the top but it just couldn't replace the croutons.

 Quinoa & Borlotti Bean Summer Salad $18
Freekeh, chia, bean

This sounded and looked super healthy! Jenny said it was tasty but not exactly a satisfying lunch. She thought it would've made a great side dish.

Sweet Pea & Parmesan Risotto $18
"cheesy peas"

I have been wanting to try this dish since I saw it being brought out to a table next to me the first time I dined here! I loved how the dish was presented (check out my Instagram video post here!) which certainly added a flair. The risotto was creamy and had a strong parmesan flavour, but the serving size was perfect so I wasn't left feeling very full and weighed down. 

Sean's Kitchen's Instagram and Facebook pages were advertising these muffins which I was told were freshly baked on the premises that morning, so I picked up one of each flavour to try - apple strudel, and raspberry, white chocolate & macadamia. 

Yum! Both were light and fluffy, and not overly sweet. Wouldn't hesitate to buy more next time if they're still available!

Another fantastic food experience at Sean's. It was my fourth time here and I haven't been disappointed once! Service this time was a little slow, possibly because we were seated outside behind a pillar so it was hard to get the attention of the waitress in charge of our section. Despite being packed to the brim, our food came out at once after about a 15 minute wait. I can't wait to come back and continue trying out the rest of the menu! 

Sean's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment