Friday 17 July 2015

2KW

Exams take a lot of energy out of us uni students. This semester's post exam celebration with 2 of my girl friends took us to 2KW for dinner and drinks. We were very excited to finally be able to sit back and relax with some great food, cocktails and view of Adelaide. 


Virgin Governer's Garden $10

I didn't want any alcohol in my system while driving my friends but I still didn't want to miss out on a cocktail so I asked for the virgin version. Very fresh and not too sweet, this was perfect to sip on while waiting for our food to come out.

 Spinach, kefalotyri sheep cheese croquettes $5 (each)
with beeteroot and turnip pickle

These were so tasty and the sheep cheese wasn't as over powering as I expected it to be. The beetroot and turnip pickle had very, very subtle flavours which could only be distinguished when eaten alone. It was a fantastic vibrant purple colour though!

Slow cooked grilled octopus $25
Confit kipfler potatoes, chorizo and romesco sauce

We absolutely adored this dish! The octopus wasn't too chewy and cooked to perfection. Paired with the flavourful romesco sauce which really packed a punch, we devoured every single morsel on the plate. I highly recommend this!

 Crispy spiced half duck $40
Carrot, snow pea tendrils and walnut salad, ginger and pomegranate sauce with cos lettuce cups

We dug in before I even realised I forgot to snap a photo! The waitress informed us this could be eaten like peking duck but I honestly felt it wouldn't be appropriate to eat with my fingers in such a sophisticated restaurant. I don't think this was worth ordering since the flavours were all familiar to our palettes. The salad definitely had some different flavours which I don't think paired very well with the duck. Regardless, the duck was cooked well and tasted great.

Vitello tonnato $25
Veal, mojama, parmesan cream and caperberries

An interesting dish with some new flavours and textures for us. I liked it while the other girls were a little on the fence. I really enjoyed the texture of the veal, which the girls said was quite plain on its own. Luckily the parmesan cream had a very strong flavour, so when paired together with the veal and a caperberry, it was just divine. I'd order this again for something different!

 Chai tea parfait $16
Pistachio cake, pomegranate quince and milk fudge

The chai flavours in the parfait were almost non existent but we still enjoyed it nonetheless. The pistachio cake had a very subtle flavour which I enjoyed and the pomegranate sauce was very tangy. The heavily spiced Afghan milk fudge was something we'd never tried before and I really enjoyed it! Lots of subtle flavours on the plate but we agreed they all worked well together.

 Hazelnut chocolate mousse $16
Chestnuts in sheery and dehydrated mousse

Oh this was some seriously decadent and chocolatey mousse. Great texture and it's definitely something to order if you're craving something rich and chocolatey. The dehydrated mousse was very cool and I really liked the presentation of this. I wasn't a huge fan of the chestnuts and it tasted like they had been soaked in balsamic vinegar. 

I'm so glad we decided to finally visit! The service was fantastic, we had the friendliest waitress and our glasses of water were never empty. The food came out rather quickly, which was good since we booked in for the 6pm sitting and had to be out by 8:15pm. The presentation of all the dishes was superb and they all tasted great. I am definitely coming back to try out more of the menu, perhaps during the day time for lunch or maybe on another evening when it isn't raining so I can really admire the rooftop views.

Click to add a blog post for 2KW Bar and Restaurant on Zomato 


No comments:

Post a Comment