Friday 17 July 2015

Tony Tomatoes

Tony Tomatoes is a place I've driven past constantly since it opened but never really thought to visit. 

Sicilian olives 

Guizy woozy $9
Cranberry juice, blood orange, lime, soda

I decided to lay off the alcohol tonight and opted for a mocktail. Great combination of fresh flavours, however it was a touch sweet for my personal preferences.

Radicchio Arancini $8.50 (2)
Red radicchio, red onion & smoked scarmorza cheese risotto balls

Nothing spectacular here. Good flavours and textures, we loved the crunchy outer layer!

Italian fish & chips $14.50
Fried squid & zucchini

Perfect for nibbling on while we waited for our pizza. Zucchini is one of my favourite vegetables so I couldn't complain about this one! The thin, crispy batter surrounding everything gave just the right amount of crunch and it was perfectly seasoned.

Contadino pizza $24.90
Mozzarella, mushroom quartet, truffle paste, fresh prosciutto, fresh basil

The only major thing we struggled with here was how the prosciutto was placed on the pizza! Apart from that, the base was thin and crispy, just how I like it and the combination of flavours was difficult to fault. Although, something fresh to cut through all the salty flavours would have been welcome.

Not bad for a first impression, although there wasn't anything that made me add it to the top of my list of places to revisit. I noticed a steady stream of customers coming in for take away pizzas, so it must be popular for lazy nights in. 

Click to add a blog post for Tony Tomatoes on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment