Saturday 26 October 2013

Argo on the Square

Argo on the Square was chosen as the destination for a post valedictory celebratory lunch with a few of my besties, Dimi, Eileen, Natalie and Sophie!

THE CLASS OF 2013 HAS GRADUATED.
Congratulations to all the year 12s, particularly to my beautiful Wildy girls! 




 Large sweet potato chips $7.90

The absolute best sweet potato chips in Adelaide (that I've tried so far). Only $7.90 for a HUGE serving, that the 5 of us were unable to finish along with our own meals!

 Zing $6.50
Orange, ginger, pineapple

 Carolina's Colada $7.50
Coconut water, spinach, pear, pineapple

 Coco Loco $6.50
Grape, kiwi, watermelon

 Citrus Splash $6.50
Orange, grape, lemon, lime

All of the juices were absolutely delicious! I would definitely recommend them all, and can't wait to try more from the juice menu.

 Prosciutto Piadina $10.50
with bocconcini cheese, basil, tomato & rocket

 Tandoori Focaccia $10.50
Grilled tandoori chicken with cucumber, baby spinach, roasted capsicum & Argo minted yoghurt

Natalie commented that this was really dry and she found it difficult to eat. On my last visit to Argo on the Parade, I found that the chicken was also extremely dry.

 Argo Deli Piadina $10.50
Salami, prosciutto, baby spinach leaves, kalamata olives & provolone cheese

Sophie and I both agreed that this was on the salty side, with the salami and olives together making it a bit difficult to eat!

 Portobello Mushroom Piadina $10.50 
Pan fried portobello mushroom, dijon mustard, baby spinach leaves, shaved leg ham & swiss cheese

I loved this! The bread was lightly toasted with the fillings all warm and the mustard and sauce oozing out - a perfect choice for lunch. Eileen and I both ordered this and agreed that this should be avoided by those who don't like mustard, because there was quite a bit of it!

Elvis post-it note art appreciation photo ^

Argo is a fabulous spot for lunch, and always packed whenever I visit, whether it's on the Parade or Victoria Square! I service is always great as everyone is so friendly, and the food comes out within about 10 minutes of ordering, even when it's super busy. I would recommend the wraps and piadinas, as I've found that the burgers are very dry. Also, the juices are SO good!

Overall, 8.5/10

Argo on the Square on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment