Monday 8 September 2014

Ginger's Coffee Studio

Taking the bus to uni almost every single week day, I often past Ginger's Coffee Studio on Goodwood Road and had made a mental note to visit. One of my best friends and I were long overdue for a catchup so we decided to venture outside of our usual restaurant/cafe choices in the CBD.

We started with a coffee each while we had a chat and tried to decide what to order. I settled with the classic Eggs Benedict, while Natalie wanted something sweet instead and ordered French toast. We also ordered a bucket of fries to share!

French toast $16
With mulled apple compote, marinated raisins and cranberries, vanilla cream & maple syrup

Eggs Benedict $14
2 poached Claire valley eggs, baby spinach, dill hollandaise on sourdough toast

Bucket of fries $6

The food was definitely above average but I can't say I'll be rushing back for it specifically, especially when I can get the same thing at my various favourite places in the CBD. The pricing was what you'd expect and pretty standard. 

One thing I definitely loved was the service. We were seated immediately upon arrival and offered a coffee or tea while we browsed the menu. It came out in just a few minutes! It was also great that the space is used to exhibit art, which really added character to the entire place. There was also great music playing which further added to the relaxed vibe.

We'll meet again one day, Ginger's!

Ginger's Coffee Studio & Vintage Lounge Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment