Tuesday 23 April 2013

Citi Zen

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all having a fantastic day :)

Today, my best friends and I caught up with each other over yum cha at Citi Zen! This is a tradition which we started at the beginning of last year; we'd all go out to yum cha together every school holidays as a reward to ourselves. This is especially needed this year as we're all in our final years of high school!

I am in love with this light fixture. The colour is so gorgeous and it just looks very elegant! 


 The yum cha menu on weekdays. I believe that the menu system is only used on weekdays and the carts are wheeled around on weekends. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Prawn Rice Roll

One of my favourites, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! 

Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce

Nothing spectacular here. I only ordered this dish because I can't have a meal that doesn't contain any form of vegetable.

Prawn Dim Sim (Har Gao) 

Another favourite of mine, and it was just as delicious this time round! 

Savoury Dough Rice Roll 

This was my second time having this. I was a bit sceptical the first time I tried it because I thought it was a strange combination, but it definitely isn't! The crunchy fried rolls covered in the soy is so delicious.

 Mushroom and Chicken Roll

This was ordered for my friend who was allergic to seafood. I tried it but it definitely isn't as good as the prawn rice rolls! I also question if there were actually any mushrooms in it because all I could find was chicken.

Chinese Radish Cake 

A little soggy this time round. Usually, I like the contrast between the soft centre and the crunchy edges.

 BBQ Pork Bun

I don't usually eat these, but my friends ordered 2 and they loved them!

 Pan Fried Pork Dumpling

Again, ordered for a friend allergic to seafood. She enjoyed them but I didn't really like the filling. It was a bit 'heavy'. 

 Salt and Pepper Squid Tentacle

Another of my favourites! They were nicely seasoned and were delicious when they were hot. However, they were lacking crunch.

 Mango Pudding

I can't have yum cha without finishing off with a mango pudding! This was delicious and I loved how light it was compared to some of the other mango puddings I have tried.

Citi Zen is definitely my favourite place to have yum cha. The food and service is always great, and we were all very satisfied after our meal. However, I only have yum cha here and haven't tried anything else on their menu, so I can't present an opinion on the restaurant as a whole. For yum cha though, I definitely recommend it! The seven of us girls spent a total of $115, which we was great because we each ended up paying under $20 for our meals.
Overall, 9/10.

Vy
xo


Citi Zen Chinese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment