Sunday 16 November 2014

East Terrace Continental [3]

I had the most random craving for Caesar salad this week and realised that I have never actually ordered one for myself whenever I eat out. Upon mentioning this to my friend, he decided he was craving it too! My next dilemma was deciding on where to eat. Who would've though it would be that difficult to find a decently priced Caesar salad in the CBD?! I ended up spotting it on the lunch menu at ETC, and realised I'd never actually ordered anything on the lunch menu there since I'm usually there for breakfast (Previous visits 1 & 2). We ended up heading there where I would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone - hopefully satisfying the Caesar salad craving and trying something off the lunch menu!

Classic Chicken Caesar $16.50
Cos lettuce, freshly grilled bacon, parmesan, anchovies, poached egg, croutons 

When this first arrived at our table, I looked at the chicken and immediately thought it would be super dry and tough. I was very surprised to find that it was in fact very juicy and had a bit of light seasoning which didn't compete flavour-wise with the other components in the salad. I was unfortunately let down by the caesar dressing which really lacked that tangy kick you'd expect. Other than that, a very generous serving size of crunchy croutons, grilled bacon and a perfectly poached egg along with some crunchy cos... you can't go wrong! (Unless you dislike whole anchovies like I do - I just picked them off)

We had a super late lunch, arriving at 2pm. There were only a few tables to be served so I think the waiting staff were really taking it easy. The service was very casual, which I didn't mind at all. $16.50 is a pretty decent amount to pay for a slightly healthier lunch option in the CBD but I think I'll have to find somewhere else to satisfy my Caesar salad cravings. Any suggestions for the best Caesar salad in the CBD (or just Adelaide in general)? Please leave them in the comments below!

Not my favourite experience at ETC, but it definitely won't deter me from coming back. I just love their breakfast menu and poached eggs too much!


East Terrace Continental on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment