Friday 17 July 2015

The Brompton

For Dad's birthday, he requested his birthday dinner to be somewhere with stonegrill steak. A place fitting his request close to us was the Brompton and we booked in for a table. We'd dined here previously at a school function and enjoyed our meal so we weren't expecting any less for this visit.

Wedges with sweet chilli and sour cream $7.50

Fried to perfection and a great starter. My little brother couldn't stop eating them!

South Australian Premium Eye Fillet 250gm $31

Lamb Rump 250gm $28

Kangaroo Fillet 250gm $26

Among the 6 of us, we tried 3 cuts of meat. All came out within only 10 minutes of ordering which was much faster than I expected. My favourite thing about the stone grills are that you're able to cook everything for yourself. They came out piping hot and stayed hot for the duration of our meal. The chips were crispy and perfectly salted, while the gravies were nothing special. 

Rum and Macadamia Brownie with coconut ice-cream $8
Banoffee Pie: classic banana cream caramel pie $7
Peanut Butter Ice Cream with warm chocolate sauce $7

It might have been just me but I found everything overly sweet, especially that banoffee pie. My little brother loved the ice cream though!

Great food and service, I wouldn't hesitate to come back! An absolute must for steak lovers.

The Brompton on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment