Sunday 16 June 2013

Red Door Bakery

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and to all high school/uni students who have upcoming exams, I hope you're all studying extra hard, but don't forget to take some time off to relax and do something fun to reward yourselves!

On Saturday afternoon, mum and I were doing some shopping and on our way home, I suggested we stop by the Red Door Bakery because I'd heard so much about it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It was such a gorgeous, sunny afternoon and we were very tempted to have coffee there, but we decided we'd rather bring a whole bunch of goodies home for the rest of the family to try as well.



This is the first place I've visited which actually does suspended coffees. I think it's a lovely idea :) Read more here if you're not familiar with this.




See the empty tray covered in sugary-syrupy-goodness in the top left hand corner? 
That would be because mum and I bought the last few crème brûlée tarts!

Crème brûlée $4.50 each

I've heard so much about these and was super excited to try them! I didn't even edit the pictures of the tarts. They really do look that amazing! 


It was DELICIOUS! The custard is so creamy and there was the perfect amount of vanilla in it. The pastry was just a little bit flakey yet still soft and tasted so good with the custard. Not the entire top was crunchy, but the bits that were tasted fantastic. I definitely recommend this - seriously, go check it out asap!

Pork and Sage $5

This is something else I've heard people rave about so of course I had to pick one up! 


It was SO delicious. The pastry is incredibly tasty - so buttery and flakey! Personally, the filling didn't stand out as much to me as the pastry but it was still delicious. This was my siblings' favourite thing that we brought back. My brother didn't even want to let my sister try some! 
I honestly don't think I'll be able to eat another standard sausage roll again...

Moroccan Eggplant and Lamb $5

I have been loving lamb lately so this caught my attention. 


I loved the flavour of the filling and how you can actually see what the ingredients are. This goes for both rolls - I really liked how you can actually see what you're eating. I really couldn't pick a favourite between the two! Both are worth trying, in my opinion. 

Olive and Rosemary Stick $3.50

Mum picked this one out because she's a fan of olive bread. I didn't love this as much as I thought I would (I'm a HUGE fan of olives!) - the dough was a bit tough for my liking and the olives were so salty. We saved some for dinner and stuck it in the oven, and I think that improved it a little. 


I think this is definitely a place worth visiting. The staff are so friendly and the food is fantastic! I think next time I visit, I will definitely have a coffee as well and dine there, just to get the full experience. I never realised how lovely Queen and Elizabeth Streets actually are - there are so many cute little cafes and boutiques! Can't wait for the next time I visit! And another bonus, it's less than 5 minutes away from my house.
Overall, 9/10.

Vy
xo


Red Door Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment