Thursday 11 July 2013

Priceline Haul [2]

Hi everyone, 

Today's post will be for all you beauty lovers out there! I'll be sharing with you my haul from the Priceline sale that is currently happening. I visited the store in the Myer Centre in Rundle Mall and picked up quite a few things!

All these items only cost me a total of $55 because Priceline is having a sale. Yay for bargains!


Firstly, the few items that I won't be reviewing in depth.

Nivea Repair & Protection $3.37 (sale price)
This will be my third tube. It's not spectacular but it gets the job done. I like it because it doesn't leave a sticky residue on your lips and keeps them nicely hydrated and soft.

Garnier Clean Sensitive Eye Make-Up Remover $9.99
This is my second bottle. It's cost efficient and works very well. I only use waterproof mascara and this product makes it very easy to remove.

Essence Sharpener $1.75
I needed another eye/lip pencil sharpener and thought I'd give this a go because it's so cheap, and who doesn't love a bargain? :P

Rimmel Nail Polish in Apricot Punch $2.97 (sale price)
The quality of these nail polishes is great and I love all the pretty, vibrant colours! Also, it was so cheap because there was a 50% sale on the entire Rimmel range. 

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers $7.97 (sale price)
Nova, Stellar and Celestial


These were only recently released in Australia so I was very excited to try them out! My friend and I were so disappointed because we were looking forward to getting our hands on the vibrant, deep red called Big Bang (we love them! Click here because they're awesome :P) but unfortunately this hasn't been released in Australia. I was also going to buy Apocalyptic but I found that I already have another product in a colour very similar to it. It's a very bright hot pink colour. I think I might eventually end up buying it now that I think about it...

Swatches: Nova, Stellar, Celestial
They're extremely pigmented and very vibrant.

Typical lip gloss applicators. Just ignore the bits of blu-tack which I had used to prop up the applicators since the tops of the lip glosses aren't flat!

Nova

Stellar

Celestial

From top to bottom:
My bare lips for comparison
Nova
Stellar
Celestial

I love the bright Barbie pink colour of Nova and the gorgeous vibrant red of Stellar! Both are such fun colours and would be perfect to wear on a night out or during the day in the warmer weather. I feel as though a bright lip colour can really pull a look together, even if there is very minimalistic eye makeup.
I also really like the colour of Celestial. It's very close to my natural lip colour, so this is probably something I'd wear more often in comparison to the others.

The Apocalips are very pigmented, so only a small amount of product is needed for a bright, bold lip. It doesn't leave too much of a sticky residue which is definitely a bonus for me since I usually prefer lip stains and matte lipsticks. It doesn't dry out my lips, as long as I apply a conditioning lip balm underneath it. I would definitely recommend trying them! There are about 10 (?) really great shades, ranging from nudes to bright bold colours so there's something for everyone. They're currently only $7.97 in Priceline because of the sale so now would be the perfect time to try them out if you're curious!

Models Prefer Essential Brow Kit in Medium to Dark $12.99





I've been needing a brow product for quite some time now since I decided I didn't like the colour of the product which I was using for my brows. This seems like a good kit because it includes everything, basically! The wax is a really nice match for my brows because it isn't too pigmented, which I prefer. I have naturally red/dark brown hair, and this suits me very well. The powder is also great for filling in the sparser areas of my brows. I don't normally use the brushes which come with products because they usually have very stiff bristles, like this mini slanted brush. I like the addition of the tweezers, which will be very handy for touchups.
The packaging is nice and sleek, and quite sturdy. Great for throwing in my handbag for on-the-go touchups! I would recommend this for people looking for a well priced brow product which works well. This also comes in Light to Medium for more fair haired people.  


Thank you for reading! I hope my insight has been helpful for anyone curious about these products.
Vy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment