Thursday 3 October 2013

Mandoo Korean Dumplings

I was FINALLY able to try out Mandoo for lunch today with my friend Jenny after hearing people rave on and on about it!

 The counter and area where the chef was hand-making all the dumplings. He was working like a machine!

 It was tiny, but absolutely packed. Luckily, we were able to snag a table right by the entrance, but only just after I'd made an order to take away! 

Half steamed and half fried pork mandoo $14

 Half steamed and half fried pork mandoo (take-away) $14

I can really see the hype surrounding these dumplings. They make a perfect meal for lunch and one serve is actually really filling! I found that the dumpling filling could have been more juicy as it was a bit dry for my liking. I really loved the dipping sauce that accompanied it, which wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be upon first glance, and I also like how it's served with a salad and mashed potato. A well rounded meal!



I wouldn't say that these are the best dumplings I've ever had, but I think they're definitely up there! The menu is quite limited, but I think that's absolutely fine if everything on it is delicious and well made. I can't wait for my next visit because I really want to try the soup dumplings! I've also heard that their hotpot is perfect for dinner in winter, but I think I might have to wait until it's nice and cold again in Adelaide to try it! I'd definitely recommend visiting for a quick and cheap lunch option if you're ever in the CBD.

9/10!


Mandoo Korean Dumplings on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment