Wednesday 24 September 2014

East End Providore

East End Providore has really become one of my favourite places in the East End this year and is somewhere I visit when I don't really feel like trying somewhere new. This post will contain 2 visits, both of which were superb (spoiler alert!)

First visit

Mork hot chocolate with coconut sugar $5
Salted caramel brownie $4

Ohhh those salted caramel brownies. Absolute bliss! A perfect afternoon treat. 
I think we should've ordered tea or coffee to have with these rather than the hot chocolates because they were so overwhelmingly rich. If you enjoy sickly sweet and creamy hot chocolates, then I think you would probably enjoy it but I definitely won't be ordering it again. I wasn't too sure why there was an emphasis on the coconut sugar because I couldn't really taste anything different about it. I also really love how the hot chocolates were presented; on a wooden board along with the glass of water and a small piece of biscotti. It's really the little details that really make a place special!

Second visit

Mushroom bagel $12
with goats cheese, pesto and beetroot relish
Latte $4

If you love mushrooms, you will love this bagel. Everything about this just worked perfectly together and I particularly enjoyed that beetroot relish to balance out the slightly salty mushrooms and pesto. I'd probably say it was one of my favourites lunches this year, just because it's so simple but very satisfying. I don't know what else to say, except try it out if you ever visit!

In the background to the left, you can see that one of my friends ordered the Australian buffalo mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, baby spinach & house pesto sourdough sandwich for $13. She said she really enjoyed it and even though I didn't try any of it, I can definitely say that it looked delicious and fresh!

The food has been great every time I have visited and the presentation is consistently fantastic. You can tell just by scrolling through their tag on Instagram! The service is fantastic and I always feel really welcome here. That sounds a little weird, but you'll know what I mean - just think of those cafes or restaurants where the floor staff will speak to you off-handedly and do nothing more than take your order and plonk your meal down before disappearing for the rest of your visit. The staff here are so friendly and check up on you throughout your meal, but not too frequently that it's annoying. Fresh produce and other goods are also sold here, which are definitely worth checking out. 
Great stuff, East End Providore!

East End Providore on Ebenezer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment